January 31, 2012

On Sunday afternoon while channel surfing I stumbled across the 1950's black and white movie, Father of the Bride, staring Spencer Tracy, Joan Bennett, and Elizabeth Taylor, who was 18 years old at the time.

In 1991, a remake of this same movie was made starring, Steve Martin, Diane Keaton, Kimberly Williams-Paisley, and of course, Martin Short who played Franck.

1950 Father of the Bride

1991 Father of the Bride

I liked both of these movies, and enjoy watching them over and over. After watching the movie on Sunday, the 1951 version, I started thinking about wedding photos, so I thought I would share a few of my families wedding photos.



My father is on the left, my Uncle Jim groom, and Uncle Beam 
The little girl on the bench became a nun that was loved by all.

This is the wedding photo of my Aunt Violet (bride)
from the blog post My Aunt's Cook Book.

The sleeves on this gown reminds me of Kate Middleton's dress.

I love wedding photos vintage or modern. 
Where is my wedding photo? 
I eloped, but that is another story that I will tell at a later time.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE old photos. That old wedding photo is just beautiful! Thanks for sharing them.♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - tell us more! Love the photos - I love old wedding photos. The dresses are lovely.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. The old photos were lovely, thank you for posting them.Hope we get to hear more about your elopement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree they are like Kate Middleton's dress sleeves.

    ReplyDelete