January 26, 2012

Recycled Grocery Bags

Knitting, crocheting, sewing, quilting, embroidery, blog land is full of finished, or on going projects that are just amazingly beautiful. I am in awe daily at the projects and materials that crafter's use. I, unfortunately, seem to be missing a creative gene, so I have become an esty shopper for crafted items.


This bag was made from a VHS tape by The Peasant Housewife 

My Recycled Bags made coaster from plastic grocery bags

A 1950's inspired dress crocheted from plastic bags

and a sewn plastic bag dress - both on Craft

Rugs, placemats, purses, shopping bags, and even


I had no idea you could use plastic grocery bags to make this many
items. Silly me - I use them to carry my grocery's and for garbage.

6 comments:

  1. WOW .... Never thought to "wear" my grocery bags! And here all the time I have been putting clothes in them to take to donation drops or used books to be donated or ..... well the list goes on! ! !
    Have a Great Day!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh i bet the carrier bag dresses are uncomfortable.Who would have thought of making a dress out of carriers anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. And remember, plastic lasts forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing what people come up with!!!! St.Charles has become so touristy(?), I liked it better when I went several years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those bag dresses are incredible. I've tried crocheting placemats with bags but lost interest and quit before i had a set. The dresses would have been worth sticking with to the end!

    ReplyDelete