October 24, 2011

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Yesterday I received an email from Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes (take a peek at her blog Tammy does gorgeous tablescapes) telling me that she enjoyed a book that I recommended from my post titled Books Are Portable Magic. Thanks for taking the time and letting me know you enjoyed the book.

While reading her email I remembered another book that I just loved but for the life of me could not retrieve the title from my memory bank. This book was recommended by my friend Linda who is the secretary at the school that I retired from, and I just loved this book. So after several hours of trying to remember the title, I emailed Linda, and this morning I had an email waiting for me with the title and the author's name. Linda is much younger and still has a memory, thank you Linda for giving me the title of this book.

I highly recommend the book The Forgotten Garden 
by Kate Morton written in 2008.





I enjoyed this book very much from the beautiful cover through the end of this compelling story. If you decide to read this book, I do hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.

I am always looking for a good read I would appreciate any recommendations that you have.

Happy Reading,
Paulette

4 comments:

  1. Looks interesting - will try and get it at library. Thanks for recommendation.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Paulette, for asking Linda for the name. I'll be sure to check out the local library to see if I can get this one as well.

    And thanks for your sweet comments about my blog. :)
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll see if my library has a copy too.

    ReplyDelete