October 9, 2011

Thrift Finds

The weather in Wisconsin has been beautiful with temperatures in the mid to upper 70's all week and will continue until Tuesday.  Hope you're enjoying your October weather.

I stopped at a family run estate sale I love family run estate sales and found a few things.

In the kitchen, I found Pyrex ovenware and another red Pyrex bowl.
These two pieces were one dollar each.

I picked up this Madeline book up to read to my grandchildren.

When I got home, I found that this book was published in 1954.

 Colorful illustrations.

This book was 25¢.

I couldn't resist this handmade bridesmaid dress.

 I like the box pleats on the back of the jacket.


 What good is a bridesmaid dress without the head piece.

 This long black polyester dress caught me eye.

 Look at the keyhole on the back of this dress.

         Red polyester, oh my, or should I say oh why.
These dresses were priced at $1.00 a piece, I just couldn't resist.



Looking forward to see what everyone else found this week.


I am linking up with, Her Library Adventures on Sunday, for:



and with Apron Thrift Girl for:



and Cap Creations for :


9 comments:

  1. Oh I just love the dresses! I know when they are at that price it's hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those dresses are very cool for $1 each. I especially like the bridesmaid dress, sans the headpiece with bow. I can, however, easily picture someone wearing this.

    You are finding some great Pyrex pieces at at super prices.

    The vintage Madeline book is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great prices The estate sales around here are overpriced

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh estate sales are so much fun! That bridesmaid's dress was a kick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Pyrex! and at that price and shape you did fantastically!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pyrex and the Madeline book is just wonderful. It reminds me of my elder daughter - Madeline was one of her absolute favourites when she was a little girl - such wonderful memories evoked for me by your find.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pyrex and vintage fashion. All my children have been big Madeline fans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing your great finds over at Cap Creations. I love the Pyrex! We've featured you today http://blog.capscreations.com/2011/10/what-i-love-about-thrift-store-link.html

    ReplyDelete