October 22, 2011

Thrift Share

I started my thrift shopping on Thursday with an Estate sale. This one was run by a professional estate seller, and the prices reflected that. I did manage to find a unique item that was priced at one dollar.                                                                                          


I found the pink plastic birthday cake numbers and greetings in a small box
down in the basement. I guess you find the greeting that is appropriate 
and choose the correct number that corresponds with the event add candles and 
instant cake decoration.That would be as much decoration as I could handle. 
I can't wait to use these on a birthday cake.

On Friday I had lunch with some friends in a neighboring town. After lunch I decided to see what this towns GW Boutique (that is what I call the Goodwill stores)  had to offer.


These beauties were sitting in the $1.99 costume jewelry tray of the
GW Boutique. I looked for a makers mark and saw Bluette made in
France and decided to get these clip on earrings. When I got home, I
sat down to admire my purchases and noticed the raised sharp metal 
points sticking out on the back of the earrings. "I wonder what they are
for," I said to myself as I attached the earring to my left ear. It was a very
tight fit and not very comfortable on my ear lobe. I decided I better do
 a little research on Ebay and to my surprise these little beauties are, 
in fact, shoe clips!


As I looked at the earrings, that later I learned are shoe clips, a clerk walked over with a huge bowl filled with costume jewelry. My eyes got big as I stared at the bowl of costume jewelry, and the sweet clerk asked me if I wanted to look through the bowl. Yes please, this is what I found.


The bracelet has no markings, but for $1.99, I decided to take it home.
As I was admiring this purchase, I noticed that one of the clover on the 
four leaf clover was broken off, and it took me several minutes to realize 
what the white charm between the wishbone and the key was.


 I have come to the conclusion this must be a rabbits foot.
If I'm wrong, please let me know.
 I think I should stay away from the costume jewelry.

Since I was just down the road from a Value Village, I decided to take a quick peek. As I walked in the store, I was greeted with the announcement that all vintage clothing was 75% off. Of course, I headed to the three round racks that the vintage clothes were on. I found this outfit that I believe will fit my youngest daughter.  I can see her wearing this to work with some brown or black boots.


This 100% wool sleeveless dress by County Set made by Margit 
is lined and has deep red top stitching with brass buttons.
The cost of this timeless dress was only $2.50. I can't wait for
my daughter to try it on. Hope it fits her. 




Looking forward to see what everyone else found this week.


I am linking up with, Her Library Adventures on Sunday, for:




and Cap Creations for :



Magpie Monday


and Knick of Time for:

15 comments:

  1. Wow, lucky you! I can never find any good jewelry at GW. I was going to tell you those were shoe clips but I see you discovered what they were on your own, they are really lovely to dress up a shoe for special occasions. I have used them on my shoes before for Christmas parties. The charm bracelet is adorable. Hope the outfit works out for your daughter, it is a great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely treasures! Charm bracelets are fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those birthday letters! so sweet!

    Smiles,
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! And hello from a WI-born girl (Madison) now in Colorado. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. I am new to your blog and found you via Sophies Library Adventures. I am loving all the Flea Market finds blogs - Looks like you scored yourself some real treasures . Love the sparkly shoe clips.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great jewellery finds - especially the bracelet.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pink anniversary and birthday greeting decorations are so cool! Sometimes you find the best stuff tucked away in the basement - if you're brave enough to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a definite good luck charm bracelet!

    Love the cake decorations, so sweet - wonder when the question mark would be appropriate to use?! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds! I love the outfit and the shoe clips are fantastic! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love those cake decorations! What a cool find!

    That is a gorgeous suit! I hope it fits your daughter, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the shoe clips are awesome (and for the record, I totally would have thought they were earrings too)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Plenty of bling there and I love the charm braclet as have a bit of a thing about them

    ReplyDelete
  13. From the first photo, I thought the foot was the state of California :) Hm, not so much. That's a foot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. How great are those cake decorations?! And too funny about the shoe clips! Hope it didn't hurt too much. Great finds! Thank you for linking up at Cap Creations. Join us every Friday.

    ReplyDelete