September 27, 2011

Books are portable magic.~S. King

The weather has been a little chilly and wet around here, so I sat myself down with a cup of coffee and a wonderful book.



"These Is My Words uses the love of learning as a major plot element in a story inspired by the author’s great-grandmother, Sarah Prine. It is set during a time in Territorial Arizona when life was hard and tenuous. The story is a portrait of the courage and perseverance of one woman, and a love affair that will never be forgotten."

I usually like to read books with nice covers as I explained in my July 26th blog about two other books that I enjoyed reading, but I am very happy that I broke my own rule with this book. This book was a quick read that my held interest. I was able to read this book in two sittings. I drank coffee from my new thrifted mug and snacked on a Honey Crisp apple that I picked last week-end. 

I am now reading book 2 titled Sarah's Quilt: the continuing story of Sarah Agnes Prine and I am enjoying this book, as well. If you are looking for a something to read perhaps you might want to check out These Is My Words I'm glad I did.

3 comments:

  1. What a special quote. Love those books that are hidden treasures and honeycrisp apples? OMT (Oh, my tastebuds!). Just found some at the market - and am going to have one now that you reminded me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this quote! I just posted on my FB status, I like it so much. Now off to see if we have this book in our local library. Thanks for the referral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paulette, I'm back to tell you that I just finished reading These Is My Words and I loved it!! Thanks so much for the recommendation as this is not the type of book I would normally pick up to read. I truly enjoyed it. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete