March 13, 2012

What I've Read and Watched

This weekend I read Sophie Kinsella's newest book 
I've Got Your Number and enjoyed it very much.



Poppy Wyatt's life is turned upside down when she looses her engagement ring and her cell phone is stolen ten days before her wedding. This fast read romance story would be a great book to read during spring break. 

This weekend I also finished watching the DVD collection of Rosemary & Thyme a British murder mystery series. This show was so much fun to watch that I didn't bother watch any television shows last week. I checked this DVD collection out from my local library.

"Rosemary Boxer and Laura Thyme first meet through their troubled lives and a mutual love of plants. Together they start a new life as a gardening consultancy called Rosemary and Thyme, tackling all kinds of horticultural problems. But they are also amateur sleuths who seem to meet with murder and mayhem wherever they go." (source: tv.com)

I found the story lines clever and the main character, Rosemary and Thyme likable and entertaining.  You can sit back and enjoy these murder mysteries without all the blood and gore.

The background scenery is stunning and becomes as much of a character in the show as Rosemary & Thyme.

I found out about this series while reading a blog, and of course, I can't remember whose blog it was so I can thank them for the recommendation. So if you have blogged about Rosemary & Thyme, I thank you.

I'm looking for my next enjoyable read, movie or television series, do you have any recommendations? I would love it if you would leave me a comment about your favorite show, movie or books.

5 comments:

  1. Among my favorites are the following DVD series: Dorothy L. Sayers' Lord Peter Wimsey Mysteries; Inspector Campion; Foyle's War (set in WWII England); Miss Marple (only the ones with Joan Hickson). BOOKS: Dorothy L. Sayers' Lord Peter Wimsey mysteries; Margery Allingham's Campion mysteries. And not along the mystery line, all of C.S. Lewis and Francis Schaeffer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these recommendations seem like something I can get into. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this tips, I shall try and get hold of this series.

    Enjoy your tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosemary and Thyme is usually on in an afternoon over here, Paulette so I have only ever caught it a couple of times.I seem to spend more time crocheting, gardening or blogging these days rather than reading or watching tv!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosemary and Thyme is one of my favorite tv shows; I've watched them for a number of years now.

    ReplyDelete