March 21, 2012

Newspaper Poetry

Newspaper poetry, invented by Austin Kleon, sounds like a fun idea, and probably the only way I will ever be able to write a poem.  

Here's how it works, grab a marker, find an article in a newspaper, black out words you don't want, leaving the words that create your poem.

Two examples of newspaper poetry...




Austin Kleon is a writer/artist who lives in Texas.http://www.austinkleon.com/

What to learn more about Austin Kleon's newspaper poetry? 
 His first book published in 2010, 
Newspaper Blackout contains some of his best works.


8 comments:

  1. How very strange - never heard of this type of poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds strange to me too but it seems to work doesnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very cool! I am going to suggest this book to the "Creative Writing" teacher at my work (a high school).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! What a cool idea. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is pretty cool! Nice way of trying out some simple poetry. I agree with the comment above that it's a great idea for a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my kids would very much enjoy this! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am sooo gonna try this now :) thanks for posting! brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to jump on the bandwagon too! How fun!

    ReplyDelete