March 2, 2012

Dr. Seuss' Birthday

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. 
You can steer yourself any direction you choose. 
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go... 
                                                                             Dr. Seuss  
   
Today we celebrate Read Across America also Theodor Seuss Geisel aka Dr. Seuss' birthday, born on March 2, 1904 he is known for the 46 children's books that he has written. 


Photo Source: Wikipedia



A few of the most popular books he has written include:



My daughter plans to celebrate with my grandchildren by having the traditional green eggs and ham. Inside a clear cup, blue jello will be the sea for gummy fish that will be swimming around. Deviled eggs with the yolk tinted green, and cupcakes decorated with "Thing One and Thing Two."

They will also be treated to the newly released movie;
Dr. Seuss' The Lorax.



Will you be doing anything special with your little ones today to 
celebrate Read Across America and Dr. Seuss' birthday? 




6 comments:

  1. I dont know why I hated those books as a child. I also hated cartoons and playgrounds. I guess I was just a very serious child(I know I was!) and those seemed silly! Anyway, lots of kids love those! Hope ur week went well, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know why I hated those books as a child. I also hated cartoons and playgrounds. I guess I was just a very serious child(I know I was!) and those seemed silly! Anyway, lots of kids love those! Hope ur week went well, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering what Loxax was - movie clip did not mention it was Dr. Seuss. I wish I had my little ones here to have a celebration but oh well, such is life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our favorites were 'Green Eggs and Ham,' 'Hop on Pop,' and 'The Cat in the Hat.' Such fun, and so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I proudly wore my Cat In The Hat sticker today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son is excited to see "The Lorax." Fun post!

    ReplyDelete