December 20, 2011

I'm wired to shop!

As is my morning routine, I sit down at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee to read the morning newspaper.
This morning I unwrapped the paper scanned the headlines and unfolded the paper to learn what news was below the fold. And what to my wondrous eyes did I see...



That's right scientists did a study and wrote this article: Brain strain: Scientist say we are wired to shop, you can read the article by clicking here

After I finished reading the news and drinking my coffee, my morning routine takes me to my computer, so I can read my emails, checkout Facebook, and do a quick check of my favorite blogs. Emails barked out fabulous sales with a high percentage off with free delivery before Christmas, I deleted 46 messages like that.
Facebook brought me the news that St. Vincent DePaul's Christmas items are half price today:)) I did need to make a run down to the post office and St. Vinny's is near the post office, so off I went. 

I entered the thrift store and immediately went to the Christmas section, everything on the shelves is a jumbled mess, but I did notice a box that looked intriguing to me.

I took a peek inside and found

these interesting items

A snowman family!

 That become sidewalk art, Mama.
 Baby snowman.
 Daddy snowman.
Put them all together and you have snowmen art for your cement.

You turn the snowman tin upside down place the chalk dust inside the tray tap on the cement, and you have made an outline of a snowman. I needed to do this quickly because of the rain.

This fun activity cost me $1.49. I can't wait to do this with my grandchildren!  I just can't help myself; I love a good thrift store 50% off sale, and according to scientists I'm wired to shop!


4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Looks like fun!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look fabulous.What a fun activity for you and your grandchildren !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this just the sweetest, and great price too. x

    ReplyDelete