December 21, 2011

Hot Cocoa with Dennis Dean

Have you ever read a recipe and known immediately that you would make it. It happened to me while I was viewing the lovely items that are available from Ballard Designs. I am the click a lot queen when I'm on a website, I will click each and every link to make sure I visit every part of the website. During my visit to the  Ballard Designs website I clicked my way to a recipe titled;  The Best Holiday Hot Chocolate from Dennis Dean.  

 This recipe is from the Ballard Designs website.
When it is cold outside, the thought of a great cup of Hot Chocolate is about as good as it gets. So here is a simple recipe to make a rich and special hot chocolate that you can make in the microwave and impress your family and friends.

Recipe

1 (14oz.) can of Sweetened Condensed Milk

1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/8 teaspoon salt

6 1/2 cups hot water

Marshmallow Topping*

Combine all ingredients except marshmallows in a 2 quart glass container. Microwave on high 8-10 minutes. Stirring every 3 minutes. Top with marshmallows.

Dennis Dean's Tip
 *To make the marshmallow swirl on the top, place marshmallows in a HEAVY DUTY FREEZER BAG. Cut one of the corners of the bag off at an angle, and microwave for about 15 to 30 seconds. Check every 10 seconds until marshmallows are melted, rome from the microwave carefully, the mixture is VERY HOT. Squeeze the bag to form a swirl on top of the cocoa. If you have a torch, you can crisp the top of the marshmallow swirl.

Dennis Dean has a short You Tube video of the finished product that you might enjoy.




I have already made one batch of Dennis Dean's hot chocolate, and I was not disappointed. I even swirled the microwaved marshmallows on top. This is an easy, fast, and tasty recipe that I will make on Christmas Eve for all of my Christmas angels.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Paulette, thanks for the lovely comments you left on my blog. I really feel like I have made many friends through blogging who have enriched my life so I can well imagine most of us feel the same. It's wonderful to hear how everyone else lives, to share their ups and downs and to know someone out there cares . Hope you have a wonderful christmas and a happy new year.
    To top it all you have posted a blog about hot chocolate.Fab! I can honestly say nowhere else that I have been in the world makes hot choc like you do in US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness does this sound yummy!

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete