December 2, 2011

Gingerbread boy where do you bite first?

This post contains no recipes, how to make, or secret baking tips. 

After reading a post by Jenny at the gingerbread house about her growing collection of different version of the book the Gingerbread Boy, I started thinking about all the different things that are made during the holiday season using ginger. One question popped into my head, and maybe someone in blog land will have an answer.

 Gingerbread cake, cookies, house, man and books.


Photo courtesy of fiddlersgreenfarm.com
Gingerbread cake

Photo - Baked gingerbread hearts. By "color line" Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sunrise/70022579/ {{cc-by-2.0}}
Gingerbread Cookie

Gingerbread House

Gingerbread Man


1921 Version Book

1937 Version Book

1954 Version Book

What part of the Gingerbread man cookie do you eat first?

As for me: I think it might depend on my mood!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Paulette, like you, it depends on mood! Lovely images here.

    I've just seen your earlier post about the little Xmas tree you bought with those wonderful ornaments. Utterly gorgeous - and I'm not even a fan of Xmas! Love Scrooge xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usualy go for the legs first! I've been thinking about making ginger cake for the last few days.After seeing the picture you've posted it's on my to-do list for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to eat his legs first. I love gingerbread and my two sons loved it when I took them to town when they were little and they always had one from the bakers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The head especially if there is frosting. I love ginger and its a good thing because it helps with migraines. You forgot one - ginger tea and there is a ginger covered in dark chocolate to die for that is if you are a chocolate lover.

    ReplyDelete