November 6, 2011

Flea Market Find of the Year

I am linking up with Sophie from Her Library Adventures 


I snatched up this 1954, Golden book Madeline for 25¢ at an
 estate sale. I love the illustrations, story line, and the price.



Purchased at an estate sale for $4.00, this stunning 
1940's night gown is another top find.








One of my most recent treasures is also one of my favorite finds.


I still get a thrill when I see this wire tree
filled with these charming vintage ornaments.
You can see more photos of the ornaments here.

What's your amazing thrift find of the year?

Sophie is hosting the Flea Market Find of the Year contest be 
sure to stop by and vote for your favorite thrift find.

9 comments:

  1. Again, I just love the Christmas tree and the gown is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that book intrigues me for many reasons, the graphics, of course, and then the authors name which sounds terrificly flemish/dutch... is he australian after all?
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful items--that gown is so gorgeous! But the tree gets my vote as favorite. It is so unique and the ornaments are beautiful. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do so love the tree but your nightgown is to die for!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nightgown is absolutely beautiful.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tree and ornaments. Keep shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tree and ornaments are gorgeous. I have some lovely old tree ornaments which I love to see each year. Great finds

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're right -- it is the same tree as mine! I got mine years ago at a vintage/upcycle store and have used it for many different things through the years. Thanks for visiting my site! I so love your vintage ornaments! I keep thinking this is yet something else I really "need" to start collecting!

    ReplyDelete