November 6, 2011

Thrift Share

Rummage sales in my area are done, and we didn't have any estate sales in the area this week end. While visiting my favorite thrift stores this week, I didn't seem to find much that caught my eye.

I did find this divided glass bowl with a sterling base.


I like any kind of etched glass it can have flowers, 
fleur de lis, or rectangles on it, I like it all. 


On the base, the only marking is the word sterling. No maker
marks or hallmarks. I wonder if it is plate or the real thing?


I made a quick trip to a thrift shop and found these two pots sitting on the shelf.


Le Creuset pot #14 and #20.



The large pot was priced at $4.99, and the small was $3.99.
I hesitated for a few moments before I placed them in my 
cart because of the condition of the wood handles. The insides
of both pans have minimal wear and no chips. Would you
have picked these pots up or did I make a mistake with this purchase?



I'm looking forward to see what everyone else found this week.


I am linking up with, Her Library Adventures on Sunday, for:




and with Apron Thrift Girl for:


and Cap Creations for :


and Me and My Shadow for:

and Costal Charm for:
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday





19 comments:

  1. You have some cool finds! I always peek at the pots and pans at my salvation army and they never have anything good.....thanks for visiting at Sugar and Trash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely would have taken those pots. There must be a way to fix up the handles a bit don't you think? Check out this thread I found on Chowhound: http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/735131
    I like the idea of contacting Le Creuset directly. It would be pretty fantastic if they actually do replace the handles for free!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The creuset pots are a fab find. I am jelous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALWAYS buy Le Creuset--they sell well on eBay and they are a dream to cook in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the etching on the base of the bowl. Yes, I would have bought those pots. They are a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it says sterling it should be 'real' silver not EPNS - well done! My favourite is the Le Creuset though, so handy with the pouring lip and a great colour. The handles don't look too bad from your photo, could you not sand them and re-varnish/finish them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Le Creuset set and what a bargain. I was going to say exactly what Lakota said.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Le Creuset - not seen that colour before. I'd definitely have bought them.

    Looks like you struck gold - or rather silver- with that beautiful glass bowl too.

    Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Le Creuset and am very envious

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow those Le Creuset pans were such a bargain. They're also a gorgeous colour!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely bowl! And no I don't think you made a mistake on the pots at all. The handles don't look to beat, just a bit worn. Thanks so much for linking up at Cap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paulette - That bowl is so gorgeous! What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The bowl and the pots were great finds. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those pans are such a pretty shade of blue. Good luck with fixing up the handles - I'm sure that will be doable.

    Pretty glass bowl too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Were you able to contact Le Creuset? I'm really curious as to whether or not they would actually send you replacements!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Just saying hello, I love the finds, here in England Le Creuset is very expensive, you did well. The bowl is lovely too.Found you through Ruth's blog Dian's Tinpanalley. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Paulette, you did very well with your thrift store shopping. The pots were an excellent find. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are amazing finds indeed! I would just try rubbing some mineral oil on the handles as is, and see how it takes. I blogged about my experience doing that to some old faded wood here:

    http://sixballoons.blogspot.com/2011/12/copco-michael-lax-kettle-teak_14.html

    Usually it's the interiors that are beyond repair so you've done great on them!

    ReplyDelete