November 27, 2011

Thrift Share

It has been an extremely busy week preparing for Thanksgiving, and wee morning shopping to snag the Black Friday deals, but I did manage to sneak in a visit to the GW Boutique.

While I was searching the racks, I saw a sales clerk place an item on the shelf that interested me. I scurried over and swiftly picked up this.

This briefcase is made of top grain cowhide according to the label on the inside of this bag. I like the wear that is on the underside of the handle. Makes me wonder what kind of places this briefcase has been to.

 The inside of the bag has three compartments that separates items, and places to hold pens and pencils. Tucked inside the briefcase I found these three items...


Horses and Riders of the Old West by Ernest Tonk is a how to draw book with beautiful illustrations.






There were also two envelopes Pictures in full color from Friendly Animals by Percy Reeves...


I find nothing friendly about this European Wildcat.


This illustration of Wolves have a happy family life is charming I certainly would not want to meet them in a wooded area or call them friendly.

The second envelope contained Animal Ancestors by Walter Alois Weber.


The wild ass of North Africa is the forbear of 
the donkey according to the back of this illustration.


Domestic cats are directly descended from the Egyptian wild cat.


From the call, of the wild to the love of home. The wolf. The Collie dog.
All of these lovely treasures and priced at $2.99. I love thrift shopping!

Looking forward to see what everyone else found this week.

I am linking up with, Her Library Adventures on Sunday, for:




and Me and My Shadow for:


and Cap Creations for :

and with Apron Thrift Girl for:


12 comments:

  1. Fab find! Don't know which I like best - bag or books! Both amazing!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing when there's something tucked inside something else?! It's the ultimate surprise!

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super deal.
    I love finds where you can let your imagination run wild and create the back story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a double deal! I love it when something equally exciting comes inside another treasure. Your GW Boutique is a great place to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice GW find! Your good taste paid off this time with the added treasure inside! Thank you for sharing... I always get inspired by stories like this. I'm going thrift shopping on Wednesday with my daughter...wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paulette! You are the winner of the headband over at MillieMorganMedia! please shoot me an email at mandiestarkey@gmail.com with your name and address and I will mail it out to you this week! Thanks for stopping by! You can read my post here- http://milliemorganmedia.blogspot.com/2011/11/headband-giveaway-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bag and wonder what stories it could tell.
    I also find the finds in it fascinating. Lovely pictures

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why that caught your eye! And the pictures inside were a lovely bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great find! What do you think you'll do with those great images? I have some old vintage books that I can't bear to cut, but the illustrations are the best part.

    ReplyDelete