November 8, 2011

The cut of deviled eggs...

Deviled eggs you love them or hate them. I love them, and people tell me that I make great deviled eggs. As a matter of fact, people ask me to make them for all kinds of celebrations, my plates are always emptied quickly by the partygoers.

There appears to be a new fad with the presentation of deviled eggs, and I'm not likin' it! For as long as I can remember ALL of the deviled eggs that I have consumed have been cut length wise.


This is how deviled eggs should look.

Recently I attended a function where deviled eggs were cut in half. Yep, right across the width of the egg.


This is NOT how deviled eggs should look.

I pick up the egg and examined it, they cut a small portion off the bottom of the egg, so it would stand up right. How wasteful is that. Not at all someone explained to me, you chop up the egg white and include it in the yolk mixture. NOOOOOOO

I also think that deviled eggs should be sprinkled with paprika, and not have a piece of green leaf on its top.
Reluctantly I ate the deviled egg cut the wrong way with chopped up eggs whites mixed in with the yolk with a green leaf on top. 

My conclusion, I like my deviled eggs cut length wise with no egg whites in the yolk mixture, sprinkled with paprika.  After all, they make plates for deviled eggs that are cut length wise.


Fellow bloggers how do you slice your eggs when you make your deviled eggs? 


4 comments:

  1. I have to be honest and say that I have never made them before. Yours look great!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do mine the same way you do - we must be related. Some people put a slice of black olive on top. Frankly, I'd rather have my olives separately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like the new-wave cut of deviled eggs, either. I do sprinkle a bit of paprika on the tops of my traditionally cut deviled eggs, too.

    Let me ask you, do you put sugar in yours? I don't and I don't care for it. My sweet mother-in-law makes them with sugar. My husband and daughter both love her deviled eggs. I pass. I really only like my own and my mother's deviled eggs. Call me a discriminating (or picky) deviled egg eater. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy, I am so happy to hear that you are a traditionalist when it comes to deviled eggs! I don't use sugar in mine. I have a friend who puts vinegar in her yolk mixture and it's not bad, but that is not the way I make mine.

    ReplyDelete