September 16, 2011

Thrift Store Becoming Pricey

The grocery store that I shop at is right across the street from a Goodwill store and I find it difficult not to stop and take a quick peek. Today was no exception. While quickly walking around my favorite isles, I spotted this child's desk.

Child's desk that was waiting for someone to buy it and give it a good home.

I have a larger version of this desk that was stored in my Aunt Stella and Aunt Vic's attic. They were kind enough to give it to me when I got married in 1973 and I have loved it ever since.

This is the desk given to me by my aunts.


Here are a few more photos that I took with my 
new iPhone so you can see all of the desk.

Side view

Inside of the desk.

The price tag.

As much as I loved wanted this desk, I did not bring it home with me because of the price point. Do you think it was priced too high? Did I make a mistake not purchasing it? Maybe I am just cheap!  Would this piece have gone home with you, please let me know.

Am I the only one that thinks the prices in thrift stores have gone up, and sometimes things are overpriced? I can remember the good old days when I could buy a vintage apron for 49¢, and handkerchiefs were sold for 10¢ a piece. Ah I miss those days!






2 comments:

  1. Its the same here - I've hardly bought anything at the charity shops recently as the prices are terrible!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete