September 18, 2011

Thrift Finds

 I hope everyone had a wonderful week of thrift shopping I look forward to seeing what everyone found.

This week I enjoyed the hunt for treasures but only purchased a few things.


Christmas card holder made of black metal decorated with gold flecks.





I wrote a blog about this item Thrusday: Vintage Item or Not?




This beautiful night gown came from an estate sale and was only $4.00.


Delicate cap sleeves adorned with beautiful lace.


Embroidered in  the center of the bodice is Lousie. 
A person's name or a brand name?


Just as pretty in the back.


This 1960's Hazel Atlas milk glass pitcher was $1.99
at St. Vincent DePauls. The pitcher stands 
5 1/2 inches tall  and is perfect for grandchildren's 
hands that want to pour juice or milk.


I am linking up with, Her Library Adventures on Sunday, for:







9 comments:

  1. Oh milk glass. Lucky you. and love the delicate night gown. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comment. That nightgown is absolutely stunning. I so wish we had estate sales in the UK - some of the things that I have seen on people's blogs are amazing and your nightgown is one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your treasure...the nightgown is really really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous gown! And that little milk glass pitcher is so sweet and just perfect for your grandies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. I just moved back to Kenosha after living in Arizona for nearly 20 years and just found your blog! I am excited to read that you like to thrift and estate sale! As a vintage lover (and lifestylist) I am always looking to thrift, but my boyfriend is convinced that Kenosha has no good treasures to find. But that late 30's/early 40's night gown proves him wrong! I m terribly jealous by the way. :) If you ever have a get together that invites new people to join, I'd love to hear about it as I am looking for people (in Kenosha) that share my interests in vintage! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete