June 24, 2013

Thrift Share

My thrift finds for the week . . . 
Chairs were the theme of this weeks thrift finds.


When I saw this wooden chair I knew I had to get it.
This reminded me of all picnics in the yard with relatives.


How many hands touched the back of this chair, perhaps leaning 
over the back to whisper I love you or to spread some juicy gossip.
Where has this simple wooden chair been and how many people 
sat on this wooden seat?


What a shame that the original label is unreadable.


The legs and the cut out work on this chair
made me like it from the get go.


Clean lines with a flair.



Missing a rung and certainly need tightening up
but once painted a soft off white it will make
a nice accent chair in my spare bedroom.



I found six yards of this beautiful Wyn Haven fabric.
I believe the birds are pheasants, curtains, perhaps
a reupholstered seat on a chair. Whatever this
fabrics is used for it will be stunning.


I'm often found at these link parties;
 Apron Thrift Girl for Thrift Share Monday
Sir Thrift A lot for Thriftasaurs
A Living Space for The Nifty Thrifty
Hey, Mom What's for Dinner for The Penny Worth Project
Coastal Charm for Nifty Thrify Tuesday
Thrifty Groove for Thrift Thing Friday
Me and My Shadow for Magpie Monday
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. i love those folding chairs. I picked up about 6 of them over the last few years and they are amazingly sturdy. Your right about if only the chair could talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chairs are lovely, I'm not surprised you had to have them.And the fabric....well, that is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great chairs! I too found a chair this week!! That fabric would make awesome curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the green chair - it is a Beaut. The fabric is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the folding chair. I have a few of those and they come in handy for family gatherings, easily stored away when not in use. The fabric is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finds and you know I love the fabric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vintage fabric is the best!! That one is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful green chair. Love that style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful piece of fabric : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those chairs! And that fabric would make super unique curtains. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAPPY CHAIRS!! but the green one is my favorite. Love it!

    Smiles,
    Rachael
    The Joyful Thrifter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I love chairs, and these are just fabulous. I especially love the green one,and wow! to the fabric. Great finds Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the fabric. That colour combo is a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great chairs! Love thrifting:) My husband found some folding card table chairs and table recently on the roadside!
    http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/06/beachy-signs.html
    http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/06/folk-art-fabric-flag.html
    http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/06/summer-chalk-boards.html
    http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/06/red-white-and-blue-roundup.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. the fabric is LOVELY are you selling? its it quilting material shirt or more like upholstery?

    ReplyDelete
  16. that fabric is amazing!! i would love for you to link up with me for Thrifted Thursday! :) http://www.itsgoodtobequeen.net/2013/08/thrifted-thursday-with-link-up.html

    ReplyDelete