June 9, 2011

Love at First Sight

After work, I decided to visit  St. Vincent de Paul's Thrift Shop.  As I pulled up next to the curb, I saw it.  Just sitting on the sidewalk next to the wall.  A vintage white enamel table with chrome legs and a red border design around the edges. I couldn't get out of my car fast enough to take a better look and to touch it.  What a beauty!

The chrome legs were rusted, and the enamel had some chips, but I was in love.  As I mentioned in yesterdays post, the Midwest is experiencing 90 plus degree days, and today was no different.  I remember seeing the bank sign reading 98 degrees as I drove to the thrift store.  I was getting a little damp as I dug to the bottom of my purse for my camera, but  I knew I wanted to take a photo to share with all of you.

An SOS pad and those chrome legs would shine nice and bright.

A cute drawer that was lined in yellow floral paper.

The price tag with the dreaded red dot.  Red dots on any item means it won't be discounted ever :-((

No need for a tablecloth with this cheerful red design all around the edges.

The price was $49.99 which I thought was a fair price, but I did not purchase the table.  I have no place to put it, sigh.  Does anyone want me to purchase it for them?  Let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Fascinating table that you found. I've never seen anything like it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did not buy it??? I might have been tempted to buy it at that price and then resell it on Craigslist. Seems like a good price on it. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the price seems a bit high for a Vinnie's. Very cute table and do not give up hope. It may be included in a sale some day. Wish that red dot away!

    ReplyDelete