October 1, 2012

Seasonal Charm from a Book

I was thrilled when I found this book laying on a table at an estate sale. Everything was half price on this day, so for one dollar I brought home this fabulously illustrated book.

In 1989, The Nature Notes of An Edwardian Lady by Edith B. Holden was published from Holden's notebook written and drawn during 1905.






Edith B. Holden
1871-1920

The pages inside this book feature seasonal drawings, poems, and her observations, starting with the month of January to December. To enjoy more of these fabulous illustrations from  The Nature Notes of An Edwardian Lady by Edith B. Holden, click here.


Since today is the first day of the month here are two of October's illustrations by Holden.




I have this book sitting on the table in my living room, and I find myself drawn to it each time I sit down because of the charming illustrations. While the book is not vintage, this vintage inspired book was a dollar well spent.

9 comments:

  1. Such beautiful illustrations, lovely book.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely? This reminds me of a children's book called 'Bramble Farm'.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and a title that draws you inward.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember a book called the Diary of an Edwardian lady, I wonder if thats the same? Beautiful illustrations though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great find!! Reminiscent of Beatrix Potter. What an interesting post - and what an interesting life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a marvelous find. I could get lost for a couple of hours in that book. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charming illustrations! Of course, the squirrel is my favorite. Great buy on this charming book, Paulette. Way to find the best of the treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a copy of Diary of an Edwardian Lady. It's chock full of beautiful illustrations. I must get it out and check out October!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty book and with such beautiful pictures too. Great find!

    xo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete