October 24, 2012

Ice Cream, Apples, and a Laugh

Wilson's Ice Cream Parlor in Ephraim, Wisconsin is a must do while visiting Door County, Wisconsin. This landmark restaurant and ice cream parlor has been around since 1906 and is often featured on postcards, paintings and is the backdrop for many vacation photos.

Wilson's is located on HWY 42 in Ephraim, Wisconsin.
The obligatory vacation photo at Wilson's.
Our delicious afternoon snack was delivered to the table.
We all exclaimed how we won't be able to eat all of this.
My brother-in-law enjoying his ice cream.
Somehow we all managed to finish our afternoon snack.
Cherry donuts are replaced with apple cinnamon donuts at the beginning of August as the season changes from cherries to apples. One of my favorite orchards in Door County is the Wood Orchard, in Egg Harbor.

Wood Orchard has many varieties of apples from the good old MacIntosh to Wood Orchards newest apple SweeTango. This new apple was all sold out, but they say it has a sweet taste when you bite into it followed by a little tang. I will be on the look out for this new apple next year. 

Have you ever heard of the SweeTango apple?

Wood Orchard sells a wide variety of apples.
Honey Crisp apples were priced cheaper than in my area.
This is one sweet tasting apple.
We stopped at another orchard that we have never been to before and this place had us chucking for the rest of the day. I have no idea what the name of the place is, here is a cell phone photo of what made our day.

Perhaps there wasn't enough room to spell the word correctly.
Or maybe they were sick that week in first grade
 and never learned how spell the word home.
We didn't purchase anything from this place, but we sure did have a good laugh. 

Have a lovely day, I hope you find something that makes you smile and laugh.

Cheerfully,
Paulette

4 comments:

  1. "Ho" made...ok!

    Oh what goodies! Honey crisp are my favorite apples.
    Looks like a good time was had by all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had SweeTango applies. I don't think we get them in this part of rhe country. We have Utah apples but a lot of our apples come from Washington State. It looks to me like you didn't have any trouble finishing all those treats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of SweeTango apples, but have tried Honey Crisp. I love a good apple. I'm chuckling over your sign. Did you get a sneak peek at their bakers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noooo, I'm reading this on a Sunday morning and it's making me so hungry for ice cream! What an amazing place to have so close to you.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete