August 15, 2011

Nursery Rhymes ~

Today my sweet, three year old grandson, had surgery. Thankfully everything went well, but the little guy is in pain. While he was in surgery, a nursery rhyme that my mother would recite was going through my mind. This has always been my favorite part of the nursery rhyme - Miss Lucy.


... Miss Lucy called the doctor, Miss Lucy called the nurse, Miss Lucy called the lady with the alligator purse.

In walked the doctor, in walked the nurse, in walked the lady with the alligator purse.

Mumps said the doctor, measles said the nurse, nothing said the lady with the alligator purse.

Out walked the doctor, out walked the nurse, out walked the lady with the alligator purse.


Do you remember any nursery rhymes that your loved ones recited to you? I would love to have my memory jogged by some of your favorites, leave me a message in the comments section.








1 comment:

  1. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete