March 25, 2014

Sounding Off

I must be getting cranky because I am having a hard time understanding why, in God's green earth, people wear pajama bottoms out and about in public.

Men- women, and teenagers walking around the grocery store, big box stores, and at the thrift stores in pajama bottoms.

Pajama bottoms with Christmas designs in the middle of March, dog or cat hair stuck to the fleece, often with visible food stains on them.

I realize that there are reasons that someone might have to run out of the house wearing pajama bottoms, I can understand a parent running late and driving the children to school in their pajamas or a person going to the pharmacy to pick up medication for an ill person in the middle of the night.

Caddo Parish in Louisiana has a commissioner who is proposing an ordinance that will prohibit wearing pajama bottoms out in public. Good luck with that.


I realize that I live in the United States and people have the freedom to dress, however, they see fit, but I don't understand it and never will. 
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Yay! Paulette! When we lived across the street from a huge caravan/camping park in The Netherlands, my hub hated to see so many people dressed in sweats. Now I have to remind him to change from his plaid pajama pants before we leave our house. My elderly mom even chided him when he visited her in the pajama pants. I say that the pajama pants should be eliminated from our wardrobes!!! Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding! Maybe they have Seasonal Affective Disorder and have simply given up waiting for spring to arrive. I don't even own pajama pants, but yeah it does look weird to be out and about in pajamas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you all the way, Paulette. I love wearing my jimjams. In bed. Never outside. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our generation versus the casual generation. Modesty seems to have slipped away too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could never understand the fascination with wearing pajama pants when they first came out and I still don't - I think it's laziness, did these people wear them to bed and then just rolled out the door in them? I don't like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After developing a chronic illness a few years ago I can now understand the attraction of pjs as a lot of clothes irritate and cause pain beyond belief. That said I always put on normal clothes when I go out. No need for everyone to see my house clothes. Maybe some of those other people out and about are ill and have problems wearing normal clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wearing pjs when shopping is tacky! I've heard it called the "Walmart syndrome." Even in the middle of the night, people certainly have time to throw on yoga pants or jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this topic brings back memories. Pajama pants were super popular when my daughter was in junior high a few years ago. She would get so frustrated with me because I would not let her wear them to school. Many girls wore them tucked into their Ugg boots. I think yoga pants have overtaken the pajama pants around here. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete