March 14, 2014

Don't Like the Instructions Modify Them

At the end of each school week, teachers send home a folder that contains school work that has been completed during the past week. Known in our area as the 'Friday Folder.'  This folder can be a source of parental pride or a reality check that your child isn't understanding a concept. In this case, it was a surprise for my grandson's family.

Busy work, also know as fun worksheets, are often given to students who complete their work before the allotted time of the assignment.

Below is an example of a fun worksheet with a twist from my grandson.

Instruction for this worksheet is in the lower right hand corner.

The instructions read: 
Make a beautiful arrangement of your favorite flower.

My grandsons modified instructions read:
Make a arrangement of your favorite flower.

He drew a venus fly trap getting ready to eat his lunch.

The completed worksheet.

A source of pride or pain, you decide.
Photobucket


8 comments:

  1. I'd be delighted by his neatness, imagination, and creativity. It's definitely attention-getting and all boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Not to mention, it made me laugh.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is fabulous! Very clever!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT!! There's one smart cookie with a great sense of humor which will serve him well in life. So fun!! I hope the teacher is smart enough to recognize this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think it shows a great deal of individuality and he certainly has his own ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe he was hungry when the assignment was given????...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like something my son would have done. So I think it is so creative! Hugs for your grandson from me. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete