March 27, 2014

Ear Rocks

On Monday afternoon,  I went to the dentist for my six month cleaning and checkup. While sitting in the examination chair, two phases of dizziness came over me. They appeared and disappeared just a quick. I drove home without incident, after arriving home the dizziness reappeared, and stayed with me for two days.


This little corner of my office/playroom is where I have spent most of my time. The Papasan chair allowed me to snuggle down comfortably while holding my neck and head in place to prevent dizziness. 
Diagnosis - loose crystal or ear rocks in my inner ear. Vertigo.

Northwestern University

Today I am feeling much better with a minimum of dizziness. I certainly hope that I don't have to experience vertigo again.Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I had it once years ago and I could not find anyplace or position that helped me feel undizzy. I was off work two days as I remember. Glad you are getting your legs back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that once and I sympathize with you and hope it never recurs, for me or for you. I read that Dramamine (for motion sickness) helps, but I didn't try it and don't know if it would. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor you. I've had labrinthitis a few times which is a little similar. Take care. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry you experienced that dreadful vertigo. That must of been horrible. Hope you are feeling much better.

    xo Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope you don't too! My husband had that and one trip to the doctor and a special little technique where they laid him down then turned his head and set him up quickly and amazingly it completely disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were lucky...glad you caught it early on!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're completely recovered very soon, and that vertigo doesn't rear its ugly head again - it sounds awful. x

    ReplyDelete