October 17, 2013

What I Used For Inspiration For My Kitchen Remodel

I don't have a large kitchen, there is no room for an island with seating, no place to install a wine cooler, nope, I have a small rectangular eat in kitchen that came with my three bedroom, bath and a half, 1970's ranch house.  My husband and I raised our three children in this 1,300 square foot home, it is perfect to me and for me.

When I started making choices for my kitchen remodel, I of course, went to the Internet for inspiration. I quickly realized that the kitchens I found were from modern home layouts and designs. It didn't appear that I would find any inspiration out there for my rectangular eat in kitchen with a footprint that cannot be changed, unless, of course, I wanted to knock down and move walls.

I realized I wasn't looking in the right place. I found the website houzz, which has the largest collection of interior designs and decorating ideas, I found the small kitchen design on houzz.  I gleaned a few helpful ideas from this site.

One of my first decision was what style and color cabinet did I want in my kitchen. While I never did find a kitchen with the same layout as mine, for me, it was helpful to see different styles of cabinets and wood colors in a kitchen setting. I decided which styles I liked and didn't like before I went to select my cabinets.

I selected a few styles that I was considering and brought them home to get an idea of what they would look like in my kitchen. My eye was consistently drawn to one particular style and color, I ultimately selected Dura Supremes door style South Haven with a painted white finish.



I decided on the full overlay doors and drawer fronts. This door style covers the entire face of the cabinet, with little space between the cabinet doors. The cabinets are a contemporary style with clean lines. I will be using a monochromatic color scheme and add a pop of color. 

I have posted two blogs about the progress the kitchen . . .

Here is the link to: Week One of the Kitchen Remodel
Here is the link to: Week Two of the Kitchen Remodel
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hello this is a very good blog and i must say you hava done a great work on this, all the picture are releated to the blog, The spacesandviews is also provide the latest kitchen and doors in chicago. If you have any query then you can call us on this number 847-681-0300 or visit our website for more details http://www.spacesandviews.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello this is a very good blog and i must say you hava done a great work on this, all the picture are releated to the blog, The spacesandviews is also provide the latest kitchen and doors in chicago. If you have any query then you can call us on this number 847-681-0300 or visit our website for more details http://www.spacesandviews.com/

    ReplyDelete