October 7, 2013

Thrift Share

I escaped from the noise of the remodel and visited my local thrift store. The Goodwill had also renovated their store, the floor plan that I was familiar and comfortable with has been rearranged with most of the departments moving to different location in the store, but I managed to find a few things.

Unmarked ring and petal milk glass banana dish.

I envision colorful Shiny Bright ornaments sitting inside with a fancy red bow sitting on my kitchen table during Christmas.

At first glance, I thought this was a Rachel Ray garbage bowl that is sold at the box stores, but when I turned it over and discovered the TexasWare logo stamped on the bottom. Could this really be a Texas Ware confetti bowl? The price was right, so for, under one dollar, it came home with me.

Linking to:

Sir-Thrift-A Lot:  Thriftasaurus
A Living Space: The Nifty Thrifty
Me and My Shadow: Magpie Monday
We Call It Junkin: We Call It Olde Link Up
ColoradoLady: Vintage Thing Thursday
Thrifty Groove: Thrifty Things Friday
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson: Share Your Cup Thursday
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. What fun to score such great finds! Love that old Texas Ware bowl especially. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scores! That milk glass piece is divine! And I love the confetti bowl -- the only ones I've ever seen were in really bad, scratched up condition. Yours looks pristine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant finds.

    I don't know why thrift stores seem to feel they have to make like they're supermarkets and move stuff around all the time. Most annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a Westmoreland banana bowl you have there! What a nice find! I love it. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trip out was sure worthwhile, sweet finds!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TexasWare? I have never seen a decent piece anywhere! How lucky you are! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find those milk glass dishes from time to time but have never bought one. Now with your great Shiny Brite idea, I have a reason to!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, that milk glass bowl is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are awesome! And I learned something, I wouldn't have known to call it "ring and petal". I see several folks from my link-up stopped by, yay! Thanks so much for sharing this at We Call It Olde Link-Up today. Hope to see you there again! --Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why do thrift shops have to change things up so drastically? My favorite lunch-time thrift has done this and it has really affected my thrift shop mojo. ;)

    Your milk glass dish is beautiful! What a great idea to display shiny brights in it; they will certainly "shine". I thought that was a RR garbage bowl at first glance, too. Now I'm going to go read up on Texas Ware.......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the milk glass banana bowl! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought it was a garbage bowl too! I still can't believe such a silly marketing idea actually worked.

    I like your Christmas vision ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah love milk glass! that IS beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the milk glass piece! Just thought I'd let you know that your link on Share Your Cup took me to Vintage Thingy Thursday. lol! I've done that before by mistake after linking up to another blog. Thanks for sharing!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. great finds im a big fan of the milk glass piece enjoy it

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your trip out was sure worthwhile, sweet finds!

    ReplyDelete