October 8, 2013

We Have a Halloween Capital - Who Knew



In the 1920's Anoka, Minnesota was the self proclaimed Halloween Capital of the World. In 1937, Howard Blair, 12 years old, a resident of Anoka, went to Washington DC and asked Congress to name his town the Halloween Capital of the World. The did so, and Anoka has retained that title ever since.


Remembering Halloweens past.

Homemade costumes are the best!
Masks they still don't fit right in the 21st century.

This is me in my cow girl outfit riding my red horse.

I have been enjoying the Halloween crafts and decoration that are featured in the blogs that I read, I think Autumn and Halloween might be my favorite time of the year.



6 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have a red horse. Well, this is your special month and my daughter's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at the cones on the robot costume! So funny! I always wanted a bouncy horse and loved playing on one that one of my friends had. You are adorable, kiddo! You were really stylin' in that cow girl outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandchildren (especially the ones in Australia) love Halloween and one thing I will miss this year is that they wont be around to show off their costumes. I have just sent a big parcel of halloween sweeties and goodies to them so they wont miss out too much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh let me go put my cowgirl outfit on and I will be there to join you! Too cute.
    I never knew there was a Halloween capital!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your costume!! That's a sweet picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is definitely my favorite time of the year, I wish I was crafting more, gotta fit in more time for it :D Love all the retro photos in this post.

    ReplyDelete