October 9, 2013

Forgotten Photos

I have been viewing photographs from The Forgotten Photographs Project, a database that has over 700 lost and discarded photographs from around the world, with new photographs being added each month. The site is free for everyone to use.

I of course checked to see if any of my relatives were listed, but came up empty handed. 

This is sweet Alice Adams
source


This photo is from 1910
source 


Mr. and Mrs. Morrow
source

Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone found a photograph of a long lost relative? Have a few minutes take a look. http://www.forgottenphotosproject.com/index.htmlPhotobucket

3 comments:

  1. I once did find a relative of my cousins on ebay. I tell myself all the time. WRITE THE NAMES ON THE BACK! Still have a long way to go to get that done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sad when you see old family pictures in a shop.. Who were these people? It would be something to find someone on that site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating, Paulette. I'm off to have a look. xx

    ReplyDelete