May 21, 2013

Cute, Cute, and Cute

During our rummage sale last week I had the opportunity to meet many people who were seeking out a thrifty treasure in my garage.

As the gentleman rode up and parked his motorcycle, I was surprised to see this small chihuahua securely nestled inside a front facing dog carrier, goggles and all.

Of course, I had to take a picture, I asked permission first. After a quick chat with the gentleman, I found out that he went to an animal rescue shelter after his cat had passed away to get another cat. When he entered the shelter, he immediately saw the chihuahua and asked to hold her. She licked his hand and nestled in the crook of his arm and fell asleep. I call that love at first sight.


When he rescued her from the shelter he, of course, took her to the vet and found out she was about three years old and weighed eight pounds. He has had her for two years, and they are constant companions. 

I thought the goggles on the dog was a fashion statement, but I was wrong. When he is riding his motorcycle with the dog, the googles prevent bugs, dust and foreign object from getting in her eyes.

As the saying goes - man's best friend, but in this case, I believe it can be said that it's the dog's best friend also.
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet story! Made my morning! Have a great day, Paulette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What did people do before rescue dogs "saved" their lives? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw - what a lovely story!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable, and such a sweet tale of man and dog rescuing one another!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story and he just came to your garage door.

    ReplyDelete
  6. NOw this is such an adorable story and so is that dog! Rescued dogs are so grateful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet story. What a lucky dog and lucky owner!

    ReplyDelete