July 24, 2014

Lakefront Walk

The company has returned to their homes, all the bedding has been washed and placed back on the beds waiting for the next visitor. Love seeing family and friends but it's nice to get back to my normal routine.

I'm getting ready for our family vacation in Door County, Wisconsin, we leave on Saturday for seven fun- filled days, memory making days. This time the size of our group has grown by one with the birth of my sixth grandchild, Dominic Paul. Did I ever mention that Dominic's middle name is in honor of me? Well, that's what they tell me, but my son in laws name is Paul.

Had a relaxing afternoon with my oldest grandson, Declan at our beautiful lakefront enjoying the sights and sounds of Lake Michigan.


Feeding the ducks and the nasty geese.

Have you ever heard of ducks in a row?

Well, these were geese in a row. 
They were waiting to steal the bread being offered to the ducks.

Young ducks.

Sleeping ducks.

Hoping for a piece of bread to land somewhere on the cement
where the competition isn't as aggressive.

Lovely boats docked. 

Beautiful Lake Michigan.

This seagull sure does have a bird's eye view of the lake.

One of our lighthouses.

A selfie of me and my oldest grandchild.

Sculptures are scattered all around our lakefront.
Declan and I thought this looked like a person
wearing a party hat.

An area was fenced off while crews 
were getting everything ready for 
'The Taste of Kenosha' this weekend.
We watched as they setup this huge 
Adirondack chair. 

Yesterday the temperature was 66 with a strong breeze. Kenosha has a slogan 'Cooler near the lake.' It's true I could have used a sweater!

I will be absent for another ten days from blogging enjoying my family in Door County.  See you all soon.

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Birds must be your least favorite but you sure got a lot of pictures of them. Paul in honor of you - questionable to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always good to see your posts Paulette, and loved the selfie with your handsome wee Declan! Have a wonderful time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That IS a beautiful lake! Loved the selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice place,and pictures greeting from Belgium.
    http://louisette.eklablog.com/

    ReplyDelete