May 1, 2014

Polish Beaded Vest

I'd forgotten all about it, so when I saw a big box sitting on the shelf I grabbed it to see what was inside.


Isn't it lovely? Inside was an Ethnic polish corset vest that my cousin had made and worn many years ago. 



This velvet corset vest is beaded in colorful designs and beautiful flowers, with a scalloped hem trimmed in rick rack.





It will continue to be stored in the same box in the basement, but this time I made a little note what was inside.  My hope is that someday my granddaughter will wear this outfit and dance the polka at a lively Polish event. 
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Paulette, that is just gorgeous! What a lucky girl to receive that family heirloom some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. I always wanted to make one but never did.

    ReplyDelete