April 23, 2012

A place Frank and Dino would have loved...

I was invited to a bridal shower, and the venue was a restaurant with a  long history in our area.

Established in 1954, the HobNob has the ambiance
of the classic Wisconsin Supper Club.


The HobNob has been around for a long time. It opened on August 11, 1954, and it has been running as a Supper Club ever since. The decor is what you would expect of a 50's restaurant. The HobNob is located on the shore line of Lake Michigan and has a spectacular view of the lake in the main dinning room.

I walked around and snapped a few photos of the retro decor. 

The coat check area is the first thing you will see when 
you enter the restaurant. Very gold and shiny.


Tufted curved bench seating makes 
this booth look very cozy and comfy.


I can imagine the ladies all dressed up sitting 
on this sectional chatting, with each other. Of course,
they all would have martinis in their hands!


While the men enjoyed a drink at this bar

or perhaps this one.


Very ornate wall decor adds to the ambience of the restaurant.


Prism glass chandeliers and wall sconces were a 
focal point in almost every room. 


This settee had a lovely shape.


This was the largest leather chair I have ever seen.



Dinning room.



The recessed celling  and chandelier in the dinning room.




We were seated in the dinning room with the 
wrap around glass windows. Lake Michigan 
could be viewed by all the guest during the shower.

9 comments:

  1. No kidding! Retro is right. Don't you love it that there are still some places like that, where you can walk in and have a glimpse into the past. Wow! I can hear Dean Martin crooning, 'Everybody Loves Somebody Sometimes.' lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that a place like that is still open. A real time capsule.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - looks like an amazing place. Love the retro decor! I can just imagine all the people dressed up and sipping cocktails!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was impressed! Did you have a good time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a neat restaurant...reminds me of old vegas, too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Paulette, I can well imagine that Frank and Dino would have fit in that setting very well. We went to Las Vegas last 18 months ago and to a show in the Flamingo which has a real retro feel to it, it must have been as it was when they both performed there in their heydays.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the decor. How amazing. And the lake view too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool! I would love to visit and eat there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks gorgeous but I'm not sure I could trust myself not to pinch all the gorgeous furniture!Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete