February 4, 2012

Valentine's Day Card Token Gift Idea

 I love going to the mailbox to see what surprises await me, I love mail, sending or receiving it.

Every holiday, my Godmother Patsy, would send me a card with twenty five cents taped inside, and at Christmas, Hallmark had Christmas cards in the shape of a tree where ten dimes could be inserted like ornaments, and I would have a whole dollar. Because of my Godmother and her thoughtful cards, I love to send cards to my family, especially my grandchildren, and friends for all of the holidays.

This morning I sat down and wrote out my Valentine cards to my grandchildren, family, and some friends. All of the grandkids had a few dollars tucked inside the card, but  I wanted to put something inside the Valentine cards for my friends. 

I decided to run to the United States Post Office, 
and purchased some "Love" stamps. 


These will be my token gift to my friends.

From the sheet of stamps, I removed two, used double
sided tape on the back of the stamps, and wrote a short
note using the stamps in my sentence.

If you don't have Love stamps, you can use what you have on hand.

This is an inexpensive way for me to send a 
token gift to my friends, everyone can use stamps.

9 comments:

  1. They are so cute! What a great idea.

    My paternal grandmother used to send me cards or letters and include a stick of gum. My material grandmother would cut out Marmaduke cartoons and include those since she knew I loved them. Lovely memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely.I love to give and receive cards too.Children always love to get a bit of money inside dont they? I certainly did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder. I need to get some cards for my grandkids. Nice Post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea-people love getting mail-it doesn't happen as often as it used to! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet, thoughtful idea! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely..i like to give and receive cards too but i wish to use Gift Card envelopes for it to make it more worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely.I love to give and receive cards too.Children always love to get a bit of money inside don't they.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how wonderful--I am pinning this for next valentines!
    THanks for sharing this at the oldies party

    ReplyDelete