May 21, 2012

A visit to my favorite craft fair

Every year I attend Fair Diddley craft show hosted by the Mental Health Resource League in historic Woodstock Square in Woodstock, Illinois. My sweet sister and I were up early for the ride, which is a little over an hour away.

The center of the square is where we always start our hunt for the pretties.






The bubble lady showed everyone how to make fun
shaped bubbles with her bubble wands. 





















Shoppers filled the square and because of the 89 degree
  weather you had a short wait in the sno-cone queue. 

If only I could get rid of weeds that easy.

These would add some color to my yard.
Now here was a plan to take those unwanted/mismatched
plates, vases, glasses and make them into a solar light holder.

Interesting idea.
The tutu skirts are cute, but this, no sew, tutu dress was adorable.
Handle for toss away bottles. I just don't get it.
Cute garden glove filled with poesy's.
Hey, I think I have one garden glove that has lost its mate.
Plain bird houses...  
and fancy bird houses.
The butterflies sway back and forth on a bowl of a spoon.
It was so hot and humid outside I could hardly look at these knit hats.
Cute bench, I now wish I would have purchased it.

These garden art flowers require no water.

I wonder how hard it would be to make one of these.
Oh, that's right I don't craft.

Fancy bird baths.

Cute shelves but my grandkids have more than four letters in their names.

These  gourds made me smile.

Mommy and me aprons were cute,
but I like my vintage aprons more. 
I prefer the quilts that Cathy from the blog Blueberry Patch makes.
Check out her blog  Blueberry Patch and beautiful quilts and tell her Paulette sent you.

I skipped this booth because Judy from the blog
Cranberry Morning sells some awesome soap that I just love.
Check out her blog  Cranberry Morning or visit her shop Homemade Soap n Such.
Hope the vendors went home with empty trucks.

What fun did you do this weekend, I would love to hear all about it!


9 comments:

  1. love the spoon butterflies and the gourd chickens. it's fun to go thrifting with your sister, isn't it? i do that with mine all the time and even if we don't find anything the companionship is the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic photos Paulette, I would have spent a fortune if I had been there.Some gorgeous things for the garden.Looks like you had some lovely sunshine too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great fair and you had fantastic weather. I was able to get to an antiques fair in Brimfield, Mass. It was great to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like loads of fun! I'd love to have a good nose around that market. I've blogged about my weekend too.Rx

    http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those solar light holders and the china "flowers" are right up my alley! Thanks so much for sharing your visit to the craft fair. I've got a few new ideas to tuck away in my mind....with hopes that I can once again retrieve them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What terrific weather you had. Some great ideas there especialy the solar light holders. Looks like you had a great day.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome weather! i could spend the whole day in that craft fair. sooo much eye candy and overloading with craft ideas! its made even greater when u are there with ur sister :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like an awesome craft fair!! And Paulette, thank you so much for the very nice plug for my handcrafted soaps! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My 12 year old son makes and sells paracord items, and I'm going to show him the bottle holders. I think the point is two fold: easier to carry, and you don't have you hot hand on your cold drink. I know he and his Boy Scout buddies would thing they were cool, even for their reusable water bottles.

    ReplyDelete