January 28, 2013

Postage Increase

On Sunday, the price of postage stamps increased by one cent. First class stamps now cost 46¢, postcards will need 33¢ worth of stamps, and an international letter will cost $1.10 to send it on its way.


In 1961, actresses Millette Alexander and Louise King, and nightclub entertainer Ted Lewis,
stand outside a giant mailbox stamp selling booth in Times Square, New York City,
while Assistant Postmaster Aquiline F. Weierich dispenses stamps from inside booth.
Circa 1961  Source:Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA

6 comments:

  1. Yep, everything is going up this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I've noticed that all our products are getting smaller and costing more. Love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank goodness for those forever stamps. Still resonable, except when I have to send out 80 of something!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless the Forever stamps and hoarding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The price of stamps doesn't bother me too much except when I mail out Christmas cards. It adds up quickly!! Love that old photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I went to purchase stamps recently, the clerk told me the costs would be going up soon. That persuaded me to buy an extra roll of the forever stamps, so I'm good for a while.

    Very cool photo, Paulette!

    ReplyDelete